I often find I wonder
If I really thought I knew
Perhaps in my imagination
I thought I heard you say
That you thought I thought
You had dreamt it
Or so you heard someone say
All this thinking isn’t good for me
I think I thought today
Can I ever be sure of anything?
If only I knew I knew
And if I can’t remember
Does that mean I don’t know?
What you said and meant earlier
Should I believe either of the two?
So much for our cortex
And our ability to reflect
What’s the point of thinking?
When you don’t know
If what you think you know is true?
Copyright © 2012 Vicky Newham. All Rights Reserved.
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONAll material on this blog is the property of Vicky Newham © 2012. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author, Vicky Newham, and with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Check out my other blogs
Opinion pieces here:
Personal blog here:
My cat's blog here:
- 2012 arguments beauty blog blogging blogs buddhism calmness children comedy conversation countryside couples creative writing crime death dialogue education entertainment faith families family fiction flash fiction flowers food fun funeral funny humor humour inspiration kids life lifestyle local love mindfulness miscellaneous mothers musings nature observations parenting peace people personal personification philosophy poem poems poetry psychology random reading reflections relationships romance seasons short story spirituality spring stories story suburbs summer suspense thinking thoughts thriller twist winter women work writing
My websiteMy website is here: http://www.vickynewham.com/
- Tedium, high drama & lots of waiting. How being a lawyer fits with writing for @neilwhite1965 elementaryvwatson.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/gue… via @vpeanuts 1 hour ago
- What? Wait. Does WATER come out of that thing? https://t.co/SMAe27AbDR 6 hours ago
- @Anne_Coates1 Argh. 😞 6 hours ago
- Lots here I've not heard of. 😃 twitter.com/thetcfiles/sta… 11 hours ago
- Love this series. So interesting & useful. twitter.com/jfbookman/stat… 11 hours ago
- Top police officer tackling acid attacks calls for tougher sentences for perpetrators eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/crime-cou… < a sickening trend. 17 hours ago
- @ELAdvertiser Reminds me of the Contact Hypothesis in psychology. ( understandingprejudice.org/apa/english/pa…) https://t.co/nabBByiIgQ 18 hours ago
- Love, love, love this news story from the @ELAdvertiser https://t.co/f5n68nQY9o 18 hours ago
- GOTCHA! https://t.co/jPaVsK9lHY 20 hours ago
- @M_Frank_Author Yes, you must work on pacing your tweets! Nothing for ages, then several. #tweakthosetweets 😉 21 hours ago
- @OnceaLibrarian He's so grown-up now! 23 hours ago
- @RachelAmphlett He's one of my writing heroes. Prose and poetry. 23 hours ago
- @M_Frank_Author How'd it go? 1 day ago
- @Fab_fiction Someone has to! #eeek #notme 🕷 🕷 🕷 🕷 🕷 1 day ago
- This morning's visitor has been re-located. #ugh https://t.co/o7E8DVkjYw 1 day ago
- This morning's writing clanger: "She pushed her metal-framed glasses up her nose." #ouch 👀 1 day ago
- @ScotlandYardCSI @RahmanMaguire > & I found it v disturbing researching how it felt but needed to to make scenes be… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- @ScotlandYardCSI > is tricky coz I've not killed anyone (!) so have to read/watch/listen to 1st person accounts. In… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- @ScotlandYardCSI Hmm. I find crime scenes ok to write. Balance needed btw enough detail & too much so don't slow st… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @FluffSociety: "Ralphie the Newfie" https://t.co/vKP1F8izoW 1 day ago