As I walk steadily up the hill
Which I know so intricately
I feel my lungs expand
With the crisp, morning air.
My stride starts to lengthen
And my gaze is drawn to the west
By the water tower from the hospital.
The sun, obscured partially by cloud
Shines rays of speckled light
On the wise, old beech tree.
I feel my shoulders drop
My heart beats a little faster
My body feels warm now.
The valleys appear calm and serene
The Sussex cattle are grazing
Innocent, trusting, happy.
This is where my heart is at peace
My spiritual home
Where I ground myself in nature
and with my feet on the soil
I step out of my swirling thoughts
And trust that all is as it should be.
Copyright © 2012 Vicky Newham. All Rights Reserved.
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONAll material on this blog is the property of Vicky Newham © 2012. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author, Vicky Newham, and with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Check out my other blogs
Opinion pieces here:
Personal blog here:
My cat's blog here:
- creative writing
- flash fiction
- short story
My websiteMy website is here: http://www.vickynewham.com/
- @HQstories @StylistMagazine @RWitherspoon @headspam Charlotte’s little face! 😃 15 minutes ago
- If you’d like to watch the Facebook Live which @RozWatkins and I did @HQstories earlier @HarperCollinsUK, it’s here… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 30 minutes ago
- @franwritesstuff @RozWatkins Yay! See you soon X 36 minutes ago
- @JaneIsaacAuthor @RozWatkins Yay! See you soon. X 37 minutes ago
- @WriterDove @RozWatkins Thanks Rachel. X 37 minutes ago
- @auradanks @RozWatkins Thank you! 1 hour ago
- RT @HQstories: TWO HOURS TO GO! Get ready to go LIVE with @RozWatkins and @VickyNewham on Facebook. Get involved and send us your questio… 5 hours ago
- @charlenebooks83 @LouiseMangos I know!!!! She is SUCH a tart (Lexi not Louise). She rolls around on the floor with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- @LouiseMangos She cheered up the moment I told her that there are builders where she’s going! https://t.co/ZZmN8VFWzg 5 hours ago
- @LouiseMangos @RozWatkins @HQstories Wooo hooooo! Can’t WAIT to see you. X 6 hours ago
- @annebonnybook @charlenebooks83 I love Audible! Such a treat. 7 hours ago
- Someone is NOT impressed by the suitcase. Lexi wants to come. https://t.co/lzklpJj8fh 7 hours ago
- @LisaHallAuthor @RozWatkins @HQstories Woop woop! Hope you & @MsLisaMilton have got your drinking knickers on? None… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @L_D_Grant @RozWatkins Thank you. Sorry to miss you this time x 7 hours ago
- @Fab_fiction @RozWatkins @WaterstonesPicc @HQstories Yay! So looking forward to seeing you. X 7 hours ago
- @sallyboo29 @HarperInsider @HQstories Yay! Hope you like it. Do tell everyone if you do. 💙💛 8 hours ago
- @M_Frank_Author @HarperCollinsUK Thank you! It’s out on 5th, just the launch today. X 8 hours ago
- @BarbaraNadel Hope to see you later x 8 hours ago
- @Belinda_Pollard @RachelAmphlett Yeuch! Marmite crisps are nice though and cashews. 9 hours ago
- @meandmybigmouth What were you doing in Canterbury?? 16 hours ago